Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at SanTan Village
- In 2013, the center installed 2,877 solar panels that produce 758kw of power. That is enough energy saved to power 110 homes for one year!
- Our Housekeeping and Security Staff use Global Electric Motorcars and Segways instead of vehicles powered by gas.
- We only use green cleaning products at the center.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Bicycle racks have been placed throughout the center to encourage the use of bicycles.
- Our waste area includes a special recycling compactor for cardboard.
- Our center installed a state-of-the-art HVAC system when we opened, that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- Our center works closely with our tenants on installing reflective window coverings to reduce energy usage.
- Our center upgraded the misting system with a weather station that monitors temperature, humidity, wind velocity and automatically adjusts the water output accordingly, providing a substantial utilities savings.
- Our center installed shade structures and artificial turf throughout the children’s play area reducing our water consumption.
- Most of the center’s trash is taken to a facility that sorts out the recyclable materials and only discards the “true” waste.
- The Management Office only uses recycled paper.
Made with Love Markets
Made with Love Marketplace will have a home here at SanTan Village most Saturdays from September 26,...