Job Function: Dishwasher
Status: Part-time or Full-time
Specific Job Knowledge:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and certification. Must be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The individual must also follow all appropriate Company policies and procedures outlined in the department training manual and employee handbook.
- Able to obtain a valid food service permit.
- Consistently arrives to work as scheduled, prepared to assume shift responsibilities.
- Consistently arrives to work well-groomed and in proper uniform.
- Knowledgeable in Dish Machine Operation as outlined in the department training manual.
- Demonstrates proper knowledge of portioning dish chemicals, never wasting product.
- Ensures the dish station is prepared for anticipated levels of business.
- Practices “clean as you go” techniques.
- Maintains the dish station in a clean, organized manner, both the drop off area and clean dish rack area.
- Consistently demonstrates an understanding of health department regulations pertaining to basic hygiene.
- Always be aware of food safety and follow all precautions.
- Always follow handwashing protocol.
- Consistently takes an unsolicited approach to teamwork by helping other employees to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follows all Company accounting policies and procedures regarding employee meals.
- Engages guests, coworkers, and managers with a positive, friendly, professional approach during all interactions.
- Willingly, and with positive attitude, follows direction of all management and supervisors, including additional requests for side work, cleaning, etc.
- Complies with, and supports, all policies set forth by the Company employee handbook and the department training manual.
- Keeps china/glass breakage to a minimum.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Must be able to work a variety of scheduled shifts, based on the needs and volume of the operation (example: late hours, holidays, weekend, etc).
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates good time management skills and multitasking skills.
- Follows Company and state safety guidelines to provide a safe working environment
Physical Requirement in a Typical Day:
- Must be able to continuously stand, bend, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently walk, squat, kneel, push, pull, reach overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Will be occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Will seldom be climbing and lifting over 50 pounds