Job Function: Host(ess)
Status: Part-time or Full-time
Specific Job Knowledge:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and certification. Must be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The individual must also follow all appropriate Company policies and procedures outlined in the department training manual and employee handbook.
- Able to obtain a valid food service permit.
- Consistently arrives to work as scheduled, prepared to assume shift responsibilities.
- Consistently arrives to work well-groomed and in proper uniform. Must be willing to purchase appropriate attire.
- Prepares host desk area so that it is ready at scheduled time.
- Is knowledgeable of all food and beverage menus, specials, soups, seasonal beers, and drinks, prior to starting the shift.
- Follows all steps of service as outlined in the department training manual.
- Accurately and timely enters all to-go food and beverage orders into the POS with minimal errors.
- Consistently takes an unsolicited approach to teamwork by helping other employees to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follows all Company accounting policies and procedures regarding cash, credit card and gift card transactions.
- Follows all Company accounting policies and procedures regarding discounts, promos, and employee meals.
- Able to perform basic mathematics.
- Engages guests, coworkers, and managers with a positive, friendly, outgoing, and professional approach during all interactions.
- Begin conversations with guest and engages them while seating.
- Ensures each guest is taken care upon entering the building to leaving the building.
- Is knowledgeable of the Company’s products, services, current promotions, and recurring events.
- Willingly, and with positive attitude, follows direction of all management and supervisors, including additional requests for side work, cleaning, etc.
- Follows State Liquor laws and Company policies regarding the service of any alcoholic beverage and enforcement of ordinances and laws.
- Attends all on-going food, bar, or service trainings, when scheduled.
- Complies with, and supports, all policies set forth by the Company employee handbook and the department training manual.
- Keeps china/glass breakage to a minimum.
- Able to use “Open Table” program efficiently.
- Takes phone orders or refers guest to place order online
- Manages the process of third-party delivery orders
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Must be able to work a variety of scheduled shifts, based on the needs and volume of the operation (example: late hours, holidays, weekend, etc).
- Must consistently be friendly and outgoing toward guests, management, and co-workers.
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates good time management skills and multitasking skills.
- Follows Company and state safety guidelines to provide a safe working environment
Physical Requirement in a Typical Day
- Must be able to continuously stand, walk and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend.
- Will be occasionally sitting, kneeling, and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Will seldom be squatting, climbing, pushing, pulling, and reaching overhead